Basketball Thieves

Basketball Thieves

Kyla Rose Parkin

fullsizerender-1

Over the last couple weeks, there have been complaints about how the basketballs have been disappearing and how we are not replacing them with new ones. The eighth graders and some of the upperclassmen are annoyed that the school is not trying to get new ones.  

Some students who do not even play basketball have some theories about why they are disappearing. These students are saying that the people who hang out at the basketball courts might have kicked them on the roof of the music room by accident, that they are taking them off campus, or possibly hiding them in classrooms. It seems a little weird that someone would take them off campus or hide them in classrooms since students want to play basketball. Some basketball players believe that the office has confiscated the basketballs.  

The students who play basketball are both upset and disappointed they have not gotten the basketballs back.  There has been one basketball that was left out and they have been able to play with it, but they cannot  play multiple games.  There is only so much you can do with one basketball.  

Instead of banning the basketballs, the school should tell the students who are not putting the basketballs back, they have to put them back and that would be a warning. If they still do not put them back in the ball cart, then they should take them away for a few days–not a few weeks.  The school should also try to supply a few more basketballs.